20 pieces, with each block featuring a sparkling gem. The gem is a flat star with faceted star sides on the gem insert.
- Blocks come in 3 assorted sizes: (1) 1.57" x 1.57" (4cm x 4cm) - 7 Pieces; (2) 1.57" x 3.15" (4cm x 8cm) - 7 Pieces; and (3) 1.57" x 4.72" (4cm x 12cm) - 7 Pieces
- Gem colors will vary slightly from those shown in pictures from time to time depending on availability
- Comes with a wooden storage box and linen bag
- Gems are secured into the wood block using wood glue
- Made of New Zealand Pine
- Dimensions of the box: 11" x 10.5" x 2"
- Handmade with love in Australia
- Nurture Play Australia meets or exceeds Australian and New Zealand AS/NZS 8124 standards for toy safety and material
- There may be variations and characters due to the nature of the wood grain.
For anyone who is a fan of gem blocks, you will know that there is no way for acrylic gems to adhere to wood without an adhesive. Each brand meets these challenges differently. Nurture Play Australia uses wood glue as the adhesive. This kind of glue ensures that gems remain intact (some types of glue can damage the backing of the gems). Because of the nature of the kind of glue, it is possible for the gems to fall out. If they do, you just glue them back with wood glue.
Care Instructions: Clean your wooden toys using a gentle cleanser. You can use a simple vinegar and water solution (1 part vinegar to 10 parts water), a mild, environmentally friendly dish soap, and some warm water, or your favorite non-toxic, multi-purpose cleaner, diluted with water.